Yellow sunshine birthday card is a simple happy birthday card. Why? Because this card design is based on a card sketch. If you want an easy time in making your own handmade cards, following card sketches will save you time and help you create pretty cards.
With a “plan” in hand, all I had to do is to play around with my papers and think of what embellishment to use. It reduces the fuss of moving stuff around the card a lot to get a nice design.
Another fun thing about this card project is the layered circle flower which is also easy to create. Pull out some happy, bright colored paper and have fun making a sunshine card!
Card Making Supplies
- Yellow cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Pink patterned paper, brown patterned paper, pink stripey patterned paper – Basic Grey “Sultry” Collection
- White floral fabric – Japanese fabric
- Pink felt button – Daiso Japan
- Yellow embroidery floss – DMC
- Black marker – Zig Memory System “Writer”
- Brown ink – StazOn “Timber Brown”
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank using yellow cardstock.
- Tear out a block of pink patterned paper and adhere it to the center of the cardblank.
- Cut out a circle of white floral fabric. Sew a pink felt button to the fabric using yellow embroidery floss.
- Cut out a bigger circle of brown patterned paper. Adhere white floral circle to the center. Snip off at the edges of the brown circle at regular intervals. Use your finger to push up the “petals” for added dimension. Attach the completed handmade embellishment to the pink patterned paper as shown.
- Cut out a strip of pink stripey patterned paper. Handwrite birthday greetings with a black marker. Ink the edges with brown ink. Adhere it to the card as shown. Done! Hope you like this homemade sunshine card!
For more floral birthday card ideas, do check out the below homemade card designs: