A wirework birthday card featuring wirework can add instant visual interest to a card!
Wirework can be simple and uncomplicated. With the right tools, you’ll find that it’s a fun and enjoyable creation process.
I still don’t own a pair of roundnose pliers when I did this project, so I had to fiddle around with a pair of tweezers which is slightly more tricky to manipulate. But still workable!
When there’s wirework such the one featured on this card, I feel that little is needed to embellish the card as I would want the attention to remain on the wirework.
To learn how to create this card, below is the guide to show you how. Enjoy!
Card Making Supplies:
- Green card blank
- Thin wire
- Roundnose pliers/ tweezers
- Beads and heart confetti from Innovations
- Blue floral patterned paper from DCWV Floral Paper Stack
- Sliver patterned strip from recycled card
- White cardstock
- Black pigment-ink pen
Card Making Steps:
1) Draw a rectangle on the top part of the green card blank. Cut out the rectangle using a craft knife to leave an aperture.
2) Wirework: Use a needle to pierce 3 holes each on the left and right-side of the aperture.
Insert one end of the thin wire into top left hole. Use the pliers to twist a loop at the back of the aperture. Snip off the thin wire at the other end, making sure to leave enough room for beads/confetti/ending loop.
Thread thin wire through the holes of the beads/heart confetti. Insert the end of the thin wire into the right hole. Pull the wire slightly and then twist the wire end into a loop using the pliers.
Repeat above steps for the other two wire strands.
3) Cut a block of the blue floral patterned paper and attach it across the bottom half of the card blank.
4) Cut a strip of silver patterned strip and attach it across the blue floral patterned paper as shown.
Trim a small rectangle of white cardstock. Handwrite greetings on it using the black pen. Attach it on top of the silver strip towards the right-hand side.
I would think that if you have a pair of roundnose pliers, twisting loops on the thin wire would be a breeze. This is a fairly easy technique where you can create beautiful strands of beads/confetti to hang across your aperture.
You can move on to explore how different mixture of beads and confetti could result in different looks for your wirework birthday card. Even using a mixture of different colored beads would create different visual feasts for your eyes!
Besides this wirework card, you can create handmade cards with these simple card ideas!