Here’s two lovely designs for sweet 16 birthday cards. Age 16 is a milestone age for the teenage girls. Usually we want to wish her a very sweet 16.
With this in mind, I’ve created the two cards using a soft lilac color scheme, with a dose of the complementary rose pink and a dash of bold red for contrast.
If you are to follow these card designs, simply by using different patterned papers and other color schemes, you’ll achieve widely different looks for your creations.
So play around with mix-matching your papers and embellishments and enjoy your card making process.
Note: I’ll be showing the card making steps for the first card only.
Card Making Supplies
- Rose pink, red and purple cardstocks – Bazzill Basics
- Lilac patterned paper, purple patterned paper, circle patterned paper – Brenda Pinnick Designs “Paper Confections”
- Cream patterned paper – from stash
- Lace ribbon – Daiso Japan
- Faux purple gem – from stash
- Black pen – Zig Memory System “Millennium”
- Scalloped-edge scissors – Carl CarlaCraft
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank using rose pink cardstock.
- Cut out a block of lilac patterned paper and adhere it to the top half of the cardblank.
- Cut out a strip of purple patterned paper and adhere it across the middle of the cardblank.
- Cut out a block of circle patterned paper and adhere it to the bottom half of the cardblank.
- Cut out two strips of lace ribbons and attach above and underneath the purple patterned paper strip.
- Cut out a thin strip of red cardstock. Cut one edge with scalloped-edge scissors. Attach this strip to the top of the card as shown.
- Cut out flower layers of 3 different sizes from red cardstock, purple cardstock and cream patterned paper. Adhere the flower layers together. Attach a faux purple gem to the flower center. Attach the completed flower to the card as shown with foam dots for added dimension.
- Handwrite birthday greetings using a black pen.
Please click on any of the images below to look at more floral card making ideas: