Patchwork Circle Birthday Card will let you use up some of your paper scraps! It doesn’t require any card sketches to follow along, there’s no rules, and it comes in a circle!
Take out your box or bag of little paper scraps and start having fun. By layering different pieces of paper scraps, you’ll be creating paper patchwork here. The final outcome is unknown till you complete fitting in your “puzzle pieces”.
You can make it as colorful as you want, or you can stick to a theme or color scheme if you like some unity in your results. For me, I just pulled out one piece of scrap, stuck it on, and went on to find the next piece that complemented the look or made me feel good in using it. :-)
Freedom rules here. Have fun with this happy birthday card!
Card Making Supplies
- Blue cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Yellow cardstock – The Paper Company
- All patterned papers – assorted paper scraps from various brands
- Black ink – Versa Color
- Black pen – Zig Memory System “Millennium”
- Fabric ribbon – Daiso Japan
- Hot pink ribbon – from stash
Card Making Steps
- Cut out two big circles from a piece of cardstock. It’s up to you to select your color choice.
- Use one piece of your big circles, and start piecing away with your paper scraps. Adhere all the paper scraps properly to ensure they are stuck on. Continue adding in paper scraps till all the vacant spots are filled with paper scraps.
- Cut out two little strips of yellow cardstock. Handwrite greetings on these strips. Ink the edges with black ink. Adhere them to the card as shown. Attach a little fabric ribbon in-between these two strips.
- Punch three holes through the two circle cardstock pieces with a one-hole puncher. Tie a ribbon knot through each of these holes with a strip of hot pink ribbon.
If you enjoyed this Patchwork Circle Birthday Card, you might want to look at even more homemade birthday card ideas for friends!