New age guy birthday card is based on a card sketch. It’s such a breeze to make this card as the placement of elements is done already, and I just followed along. So if you want to save time and make attractive cards, give card sketches a go.
I selected matching patterned papers all from the same collection, so the colors work fantastically together. The only twist I’ve given to the card shown here is that I’ve layered the greeting tag using foam pads to give it a lot more added dimension.
The whole look is rather masculine with a degree of softness added to it. The moment I saw the completed look, I thought it’ll be great for a new age guy. :-)
Take out your card making supplies and give your take on this happy birthday card idea!
Card Making Supplies
- Tan cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Stripey floral patterned paper, stripey patterned paper, grey patterned paper, green patterned paper and black patterned paper – Basic Grey “Scarlet’s Letter” Collection
- Tag labeler – Motex
- Red label – from stash
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with tan cardstock.
- Cut out a large block of stripey-floral patterned paper and adhere it to the center of the cardblank.
- Cut out a wide strip of stripey patterned paper and adhere it across the middle of the cardblank.
- Tag the greeting on a red label using the tag labeler. Adhere it to a strip of grey patterned paper. Then adhere this strip to a larger strip of green patterned paper with foam pads. Adhere this strip to a larger strip of black patterned paper with foam pads. Attach the completed tag to the center of the cardblank as shown.
If you’ll like to look at some fun masculine card ideas, do check out the below card designs: