Making birthday card for daddy? Get some fun and easy ideas from this website. Here you can also find free printables which you can use to decorate your handmade cards.
Although my site focuses on how to create birthday cards, I believe you can easily adapt the ideas you’ve seen here to making Father’s Day cards. The main thing is to take away the layout idea and apply it to your card making project.
When it comes to making cards for dad, a clean, simple layout would work great. The concept of this handmade card is to convey masculine charm. When I first started, I sat down to choose a patterned paper from my stack of varied patterned paper. I settled on the green checkered patterned paper featuring blue, green and white lines.
Then referencing the patterned paper color scheme, I’ve chosen a green colored background, and blue color paper (reverse side of green checkered patterned paper) for the double strips.
Next, I looked through my Happy Birthday Printable WordArt 2 which you can find under my free printables page, and decided to print out and use the tan circle greeting tag, as its colors seem to go well with the patterned paper.
To add some interest to the circle tag, I’ve added a light brown circle brad to the center of the mini circle of the circle tag, and another two similar brads to the left corner of the two blue strips at the top of the card.
Tip: I’ve printed out the tan circle tag on white cardstock. I prefer printing out my printables on white cardstock which gives better quality printout and texture.
- Green cardstock – A5 Textured Cardstock by KCK Craft.
- Green checkered patterned paper and blue colored paper – Olive Den Plaid by Scrapbook Walls from ChatterBox Inc.
- Tan circle greeting tag – Happy Birthday Printable WordArt 2 under Free Birthday Printables.
- Light brown circle brads – KCK Craft Round Brads
- White cardstock from stash.
- Double-sided tape.
- Good pair of scissors. I use Cutter Bee Scissors for my detailed cutting work.
- Computer, printer and printer ink.
For more masculine card making ideas for your daddy, boyfriend or the men in your life, please click on any of the images below: