Pink Polka Dots Flower Card
Make a birthday card free ideas can be found on this website. This page features a sweet, pretty handmade card for my 8-year-old niece. Like many little girls, she’s into pink and girly stuff.
So naturally pink would be the primary color choice for this birthday card design. But to add more variety, I’ve added in a good mix of yellow, blue and green colors, and a peachy colored bow for more texture and dimension.
The pink polka dots paper and the blue chevrons patterned paper are from Sn@p! Color Vibe 6×6 paper pad by Simple Stories. I’ve been having fun using paper from this cute and fun paper pad. Mixing patterned paper can be easy when you’re using a paper pack because the designer had already done all the legwork, combining various print designs and colors to make them work. So you don’t have to spend time mix-matching on your own and be in a big dilemma over what patterned paper would go well with another patterned paper.
The little yellow flower is from my free “Birthday Card Printables”. I just printed it out, cut it out, used a circle punch to punch it and then layered it on top of the scalloped-border circle punched blue chevrons paper.
To add more girly touch and sweetness to this card making project, I’ve tied a big peach satin bow.
If you have a little girl whom you’ll be wanting to make a homemade birthday card for, try out this lovely handmade birthday card idea!
Click on the below images for more ideas with using patterned paper to make cards:
- Pink cardstock – A5 Textured Cardstock by KCK Craft.
- Pink polka dots and blue chevrons patterned paper- Sn@p! Color Vibe 6×6 paper pad by Simple Stories.
- Green cardstock, white cardstock, and peach satin ribbon from stash.
- Yellow flower from my birthday printables and look under “Birthday Card Printables”.
- Double-sided tape.
- “Happy Birthday” rubber stamp – Janet Dunn for Studio G.
- Timber Brown solvent ink pad – StazOn.
- EK Success Paper Shapers 2-Inch X-Large Scallop Circle Nesting Punch.
Be sure to browse through the below designs if you’re wanting more easy, fun and cute ideas for homemade birthday cards: