It can be easy and fun learning how to make a beautiful birthday card. On my website, you can find free printables to help you create cheery homemade cards for your family and friends.
This hand make birthday card features one of my free birdie printables which you can find on my free printables page under Birthday Card Printables. This is the biggest sized birdie.
The dark purple “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” greeting tag can also be found at my printable page series under Birthday Greeting Labels.
I’ve wanted to put together a simple, happy looking card, so next would come my patterned paper choices. Looking through my patterned paper pack, “So Happy Together by Denna Rutter by Echo Park Paper Co.”, there’s many choices that I can choose from. I’ve decided on the yellow polka dots patterned paper that complements the pink birdie with its golden yellow beak. Then to further complement the polka dots theme, I’ve picked another little colorful dots patterned paper for the left and right hand strips.
To give a bit more dimension and texture to the handmade card, I’ve added a thin blue satin bow to the greeting label.
Tip: I’ve printed out the pink birdie on white cardstock. As cardstock is heavy weight paper and usually textured, the printout result looks way better than printing on normal printing paper. Cardstock is also more sturdy and enhances the quality of the printout.
- Purple cardstock – A5 Textured Cardstock by KCK Craft.
- Yellow polka dots and little colorful dots patterned paper – So Happy Together by Denna Rutter by Echo Park Paper Co.
- Pink birdie (Birthday Card Printables), and dark purple “HAPPY BIRTHDAY” tag (Birthday Greeting Labels) to be found at my Free Birthday Printables.
- Blue satin ribbon and white cardstock from stash.
- Double-sided tape.
- Gun glue (optional) for adhering the bow.
- Good pair of scissors. I use Cutter Bee Scissors for my detailed cutting work.
- Computer, printer and printer ink.
For more fun examples of using my printables in your card making projects, please click on the below images:
If you’ll like to see how I’ve made use of my other printable tag series for making birthday cards, please check out any of the images right below: