Gray Big Florals Card
Here’s a super simple happy birthday card design you can easily apply in your card making projects. It’s great for beginners. The layout can be used over and over again when making cards for your family and friends.
For this handmade card, the main bit is to search for a patterned paper with a large, bold print that immediately draws attention. So I’ve selected a design featuring big, dazzling flowers.
Then it’s a matter of adding in a strip of pretty lace ribbon and another scallop-edged border to complete the look and making it look pretty.
It’s a design that can be adapted to many cards with different effects, by using other interesting combos of papers and ribbons. You can choose more masculine print paper, minus away the lace ribbon, change the scalloped border to a straight border, and you can use this layout to create cards for the men in your life too.
A birthday card that’s handmade is so much more special than a store-bought one. So enjoy your card making session and add cheer to someone’s birthday with your handmade love!
Card Making Supplies
- Gray cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Hot pink cardstock – Colormate
- Gray floral patterned paper – American Crafts “Moda Bella Dazzling”
- Lace ribbon – Daiso Japan
- White pen – UniBall Signo Broad
- Black pen – Uni Pin Fine Line
- Scallop-edged scissors – Carl CarlaCraft
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with gray cardstock.
- Cut out a big block of gray floral patterned paper and adhere it to the top of the cardblank.
- Attach a strip of lace ribbon beneath the gray floral patterned paper.
- Cut out a strip of hot pink cardstock and snip off one edge with scallop-edged scissors. Adhere it to the bottom of the cardblank. Use a white pen to trace over the scallop-edges.
- Use a black pen and handwrite the birthday greetings as shown on the card.
For more floral card ideas, you might want to click on the below images: