Free Birdie and Cupcake Printables
Try to hand make birthday card using free printables found on my website. There’s many fun, easy, and pretty card making ideas busy moms can try out. They work wonderfully for beginners too. Usually no fanciful equipments or gadgets are required. Normally just your basic craft supplies would do.
For this card making project, I’ve wanted to use my little yellow birdie printable, which you can find on my free printables page under Birthday Card Printables. Then looking at the rest of my printables, the little yellow cupcake seemed to match.
Drawing color inspiration from the cupcake cherry topping, I’ve matted the two printable pictures with dark red cardstock. As there’s quite a bit of yellow color involved, I’ve added in pink and blue for more color variations. This is a card I’ve intended for one of my nieces, and being a little girl who likes pink, the easy background color choice would be it.
Then to further complement the yellow birdie, I’ve found a matching patterned paper filled with colorful pretty little birdies!
For the birthday greeting tag, it’s also from my printable page series found under Birthday Greeting Labels. To embellish the card a bit more and to throw in some dimension and more texture, I’ve adhered a pretty pink bow below the greeting tag.
Tip: I’ve printed out the yellow birdie and yellow cupcakes on white cardstock. Being heavier weight paper with texture, it really helps to make the printout colors more vibrant and outstanding. Definitely can see and feel the difference compared to printing on mere plain printing paper.
- Pink cardstock – A5 Textured Cardstock by KCK Craft.
- Blue birdies patterned paper – So Happy Together by Denna Rutter by Echo Park Paper Co.
- Yellow birdie and yellow cupcake (Birthday Card Printables), and pink “BIRTHDAY GIRL” tag (Birthday Greeting Labels) to be found at my Free Birthday Printables.
- Red cardstock, white cardstock and pink ribbon from stash.
- Double-sided tape.
- Gun glue (optional) for adhering the bow.
- Timber Brown ink – StazOn Timber Brown solvent ink pad.
- Computer, printer and printer ink.
To see more card examples using my free printables, click on the below images:
I’ve also created a few homemade cards featuring another series my printable wordart which you can see below. Click on the images for more details and the card making instructions: