Green yellow birthday card is part of the homemade birthday card ideas found on this site.
I’ve used paper tearing to add a more textured look to the card. It also helps that I’ve added dimensions to the layered paper flower using foam pads.
Don’t you think green and yellow colors do make a refreshing color scheme for a happy birthday card?
Why don’t you try out this color scheme or card layout and see what you can come up with? Have fun!
Card Making Supplies
- Green, yellow, red and black cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Swirl patterned paper – Basic Grey “Perhaps” Collection
- Black and white patterned paper – Doodlebug Design “White Paisley”
- Flower template – CraftWork “Craft Flower Autocollants”
- Circle punch – Carl CarlaCraft
- Button – from stash
- Scallop-edged scissors – Carl CarlaCraft
- White pen – Uni-Ball Signo “Angelic Color”
Card Making Steps
- Create a card blank with green cardstock.
- Tear out a block of yellow cardstock and adhere it to the center of the cardblank.
- Cut out a block of swirl patterned paper and adhere it across the middle of the yellow cardstock.
- Cut out a strip of red cardstock and trim one edge with scallop-edged scissors. Attach it across the top edge of the swirl patterned paper.
- Cut out a piece of black flower with a flower template. Cut out a piece of black and white patterned paper flower with a flower template. Punch out a black circle from the black cardstock. Piece the flower pieces together with foam pads for added dimension. Attach a clear button to the center of the black circle. Attach the completed flower to the center of the card.
- Handwrite greetings on a strip of black cardstock using a white pen. Attach it across the middle of the lower part of the yellow block.
For more floral card ideas, you might like to browse through the below handmade cards: