Here’s some birthday cards for mom to hopefully spark off your own creativity in creating something beautiful for your mother’s birthday.
I don’t know why, but when I think of mothers, flowers and floral prints naturally pop into mind. Is it just me or you feel the same way too? :-)
If you don’t want to play around with paper flowers, try looking for some pretty floral patterned papers that for sure will bring a big dose of femininity to your mom’s card. Enjoy!
Card Making Supplies
- Purple, pink, beige and black cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Paper flowers – Prima Marketing
- Metal flower brads – Making Memories
- Pink polka-dot ribbon – from stash
- White alphabet stickers – American Crafts “Darling Chipboard Letter Stickers”
- Black pen – Zig Memory System “Millennium”
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank from purple cardstock.
- Cut out a block of pink cardstock and adhere it across the lower part of the cardblank.
- Draw a swirl on beige cardstock by freehand and handcut it out. Attach it above the pink cardstock block as shown. Use black pen to doodle faux stitches above and below the swirls.
- Attach a strip of pink polka-dot ribbon and attach it across the card as shown. Tie a ribbon bow and attach it on top of the ribbon.
- Attach the word “mom” using white alphabet stickers on the right side of the card.
- Layer flowers and attach 3 of them with brads. Arrange them and attach as shown. For the rest of the small flowers, simply attach them to follow the curve of the swirl.
- Cut out a thin strip of black cardstock and adhere it across the card as shown.