Here’s two birthday cards for dad that you can look at. I believe these homemade card ideas can easily be adapted into Father’s Day cards too.
When it comes to making cards for men, you can play around with masculine color schemes or using bright bold/mute colored patterned papers.
If you look again, you’ll see that the card above and the card below are both based on the same card sketch #16 “Moments” from Jennifer Gormly’s 50 Card Making Sketches.
I only made slight variations to the card sketch. The main difference comes from different choices of patterned papers and embellishments.
Enjoy and hope these handmade cards for dad will give you the inspiration to create your version of card for your dad.
Note: I’ll only be showing the card making steps for the first card only.
Card Making Supplies
- Blue-gray and brown cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Brown and green-striped patterned paper – American Crafts “Myrtle O’Seam”
- Green patterned paper – Basic Grey “Urban Prairie – Hayloft”
- Brown ink – StazOn “Timber Brown”
- Black alphabet stickers – American Crafts Thickers “Vinyl”
- Green button – Autumn Leaves “Foof-a-la”
- White pen – UniBall Signo Broad
- Black pen – Zig Memory System “Millennium”
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank using blue-gray cardstock.
- Cut out a block of brown patterned paper and adhere it to the center of the cardblank.
- Cut out a smaller block of green patterned paper and adhere it to the center of the card.
- Cut out a strip of brown patterned paper that’s the height of the brown patterned paper as used in step 2. Adhere it to the left of the card.
- Cut out a slightly narrower strip of green-striped patterned paper that’s of the same height as the brown strip in step 4. Adhere it to the center of the brown strip.
- Cut out a large brown circle from brown cardstock. Ink the edges with brown ink. Use white pen to handwrite the birthday greetings. Use a black pen to doodle black faux stitches around the circle. Attach a green button to the circle center. Attach the completed circle tag to the green-striped patterned paper as shown.
- Attach the black alphabet stickers “dad” to the right lower corner of the card.
For more birthday card ideas for dad or the men in your life, do take a look at these handmade cards below: