Sweet owl birthday card is to cut out a sweet owl and a tree branch from the same patterned paper to decorate a simple and clean looking birthday card.
A white background let us experiment with a mix of colors without clashing. By retaining enough white space, it tends to give a clean feel to the whole card.
Look through your patterned paper collection and see if you can cut out a big enough design/pattern as the focal point for the card. Then look for complementary print to be used on the card too. Have fun!
Card Making Supplies
- White cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Owl and tree branch cutouts – Sassafras “Serendipity – Owl Pals”
- Beetles and flowers ribbon – from stash
- Rubber stamp – Kaisercraft “Happy Birthday 2”
- Brown inkpad – StazOn “Timber Brown”
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with white cardstock.
- Adhere a strip of beetles and flowers ribbon across the lower part of the cardblank.
- Create a multi-layered ribbon with the beetles and flowers ribbon and attach it to the right of the ribbon.
- Cut out an owl heart-shaped from the owl pals patterned paper. Attach it to the left of the cardblank as shown with foam pads for added dimension.
- Cut out a branch from the owl pals patterned paper and carefully trim around the edges. Adhere it to the top right corner of the cardblank.
- Stamp the birthday greetings to the center of the card as shown with brown inkpad.