Shining star birthday card idea focuses on a theme – shining star. Well, birthdays are supposed to be days where the birthday girl/boy should feel like a star. :-)
To carry off this theme, all you have to do is to find a patterned paper that features big stars. You can even hand-cut the stars out of cardstock or patterned paper if you want to. How about adding some dimensional chipboard stars that really stand out? Even better, find those glittering stars!
Have fun with this simple card idea and see how you can make your family/friend feels like a mega star for the day!
Card Making Supplies
- Tan and black cardstocks – Bazzill Basics
- Pink patterned paper – Love, Elsie “Roxie Quilt”
- White floral patterned paper – Prima Marketing “Dude Collection – Star Quality”
- Scallop-edged scissors – Carl CarlaCraft
- Tag labeler – Motex
- Black tag – from stash
- Rubber stamp – KaiserCraft “Happy Birthday 2”
- Brown ink – StazOn “Timber Brown”
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank out of tan cardstock.
- Cut out a block of black cardstock and adhere it to the bottom half of the cardblank.
- Cut out a slightly smaller block out of pink patterned paper. Trim the top edge with scallop-edged scissors. Adhere it on top of the black cardstock.
- Trim out two star circles from the star patterned paper. Adhere them to the card as shown.
- Cut out two strips of thin white floral patterned paper. Adhere one to the top of the black stripe and the other to the bottom of the pink patterned paper as shown.
- Tag the greetings with a tag labeler using black tag. Attach the greeting strips to the card as shown.
- Attach a strip of white ric-rac above the black cardstock.
- Stamp the birthday greetings with a rubber stamp to the top part of the card with brown ink as shown.
For other easy homemade card ideas, don’t miss out these friends birthday cards!