Shabby chic flower birthday card uses a large-layered flower to create a shabby chic look to the card. It’s the limelight of the card.
This big, layered flower is all you need to dress up a birthday card to make it all feminine for a girlfriend, an aunt or your mom’s birthday! You can learn the step-by-step to creating a paper flower by watching this wonderful video tutorial by Claire from Making Handmade Cards. I’m sure you’ll have lot of fun learning how to create your own aged paper flower!
Sometimes all we need is a strong focal point for the handmade card to make it shine. So have fun creating your shabby chic flowers to adorn your card making projects. Enjoy!
Card Making Supplies
- Soft green cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- All patterned papers – Brenda Pinnick’s Paper Confections
- Button – Autumn Leaves “Foof-a-la”
- Black ink – Versa Color Black
- Rubber stamp – KaiserCraft “Happy Birthday 2”
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with soft green cardstock. Ink the edges of the cardblank with black ink to give a slightly worn look to the card.
- Create the shabby-chic flower design by following the video listed above using greenish-pink patterned paper. Ink the edges of the flower petals with black ink. Adhere the first flower layer to the cardblank with foam pads as shown. Do the same to the other two flower layers. Attach a button to the center of the third/top flower layer.
- Cut out a block of pink patterned paper and ink the edges with black ink. Adhere this block to the lower part of the cardblank.
- Stamp the greeting on the center of the patterned paper. It’s done! A very simple card that commands attention.
To look at more floral homemade card making ideas here, please click on any of the image below: