Layers of wishes birthday card is straightforward to create. Pull out your stash of patterned paper scraps and start mix-matching them! Doesn’t it make you feel good to have a chance to make a dent in your stash of paper scraps you’ve saved up?
If you have fancy-edged scissors, use them to give your paper edges a fanciful border. If not, you can always choose to tear your papers to give it a torn look.
Enjoy using up your little paper scraps!
Card Making Supplies
- Purple and yellow cardstocks – Bazzill Basics
- Red and orange cardstocks – The Paper Company
- Patterned papers – Brenda Pinnick Designs “Paper Confections”
- Polka-dot patterned paper – Scrapworks “Boardwalk Tempo”
- Alphabet stickers – from stash
- Black pen – Zig Memory System “Millennium”
- Twill tape – from stash
- Big scallop-edged scissors – Daiso Japan
- Small scallop-edged scissors – CarlaCraft
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with the purple cardstock.
- Cut out a block from yellow cardstock. Layer different patterned papers on top of each other. Give them big-scalloped or small-scalloped borders. Adhere them to the yellow block.
- Wrap a strip of twill tape around the top of this colorful block and tie a knot at the front, left-hand side. Attach this colorful block to the center of the cardblank.
- Cut out a small strip of red cardstock. Attach alphabet stickers to spell “happy” on the strip. Adhere this strip to the card as shown.
- Cut out a small strip of orange cardstock. Handwrite the word “BIRTHday” on it. Adhere this strip to the card as shown.
If you’re making cards for friends, be sure to check out more card making ideas here!