He turns 33 birthday card was created for my brother-in-law. He just celebrated his 33rd birthday in January.
As it’s for a guy, I went for more earthy tones for the patterned paper. Then to add in doses of brightness, colors and fun, I went for purple background, big bright yellow arrow with doodles, and a sprinkled of tiny colored buttons. All these help to brighten up an otherwise muted-tone card and make it look more fun.
To play up his age, I’ve found measuring tapes patterned paper and cut out a big block of it and adhered it across the card. Then I used a bright yellow arrow to point to the number “33”, and circled the number with a red circle punched out from red cardstock. Can’t be missed. ;-)
This is definitely not the usual simple, clean and fuss-free men cards, but rather a card of mixed looks.
Try it for yourself and surprise the more fun-loving guys in your life!
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with the purple cardstock.
- Cut out a block of brown patterned paper and adhere it to the right-side of the cardblank. Draw faux stitches with black pen.
- Cut out a block of the measuring tape patterned paper and adhere it across the cardblank, stopping somewhere midway of the right-hand brown patterned paper. Attach a strip of the blue/white patterned paper and a strip of black stain ribbon vertically down the right-side of the cardblank.
- Draw an arrow on yellow cardstock. Doodle within the arrow. Cut it out and attach it to the card as shown. Punch out a circle from red cardstock and adhere it to encircle “33”. Attach a mix of buttons to the card as shown.
- Tear out a block of blue cardstock. Ink the edges with black ink. Stamp greetings on it and outline the words with a black pen. Cut out a bigger block of red patterned paper. Attach the blue block on top of the red block. Attach the completed greeting tag to top of the card.
- Doodle a border around the purple cardstock using black pen. Round the corners of the completed card with a corner-rounder.
Card Making Supplies
- Purple cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Red and blue cardstock – The Paper Company
- Brown patterned paper – HOTP Mixing Masculine Papers
- Measuring tape patterned paper – Unknown
- Blue/white patterned paper – Adornit Carolee’s Creations “Way to Go”
- Black satin ribbon – Wheel & Anchor
- Buttons – Autumn Leaves “Foof-a-la”
- Paper punches – Carl Carla Craft
- Rubber stamp – KaiserCraft “Happy Birthday 2”
- Black pen
- Corner rounder
For more fun card making ideas for men, do take a look at these handmade cards: