Happy stripes birthday card idea is based on a design which I think is rather classic. Simply by varying the papers used, you can achieve many different looks for a variety of cards.
The card is divided into three sections. The top and the bottom sections are quite similar except that I varied the papers used. For the mid-section, there’s where the birthday greetings will be put up.
On those days when you’re running low on ideas, pull out this design and start playing mix-matching with your papers and ribbon instead of fretting over the placement! Enjoy!
Card Making Supplies
- Tan, orange, dark green and green cardstocks – Bazzill Basics
- All patterned papers – Brenda Pinnick Designs “Paper Confections”
- Rubber stamp – KaiserCraft “Happy Birthday 2”
- Brown ink – StazOn “Timber Brown”
- Organza ribbon – from stash
- Scallop-edged scissors – Carl CarlaCraft
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with tan cardstock.
- Cut out a block of blue patterned paper and attach it to the top of the cardblank. Cut out a block of red patterned paper and attach it to the bottom of the cardstock.
- Cut out 2 strips of striped patterned paper. Trim one of the edges of each strip with a scallop-edged scissors. Adhere one strip to the top of the card and the other strip to the bottom of the card as shown.
- Stamp birthday greetings to a strip of orange cardstock with brown ink. Attach it on top of a strip of dark green cardstock with foam pads for dimension. Attach the dark green strip to a bigger strip of green cardstock with foam pads. Attach the completed greeting tag to the mid-section of the cardblank as shown.
- Wrap a piece of organza ribbon around the card and tie a ribbon bow in front as shown.
Want more fun and easy card ideas, check out these homemade card ideas for friends!