Happy circles birthday card idea is inspired by the circle shapes on a gorgeous red patterned paper. By pulling together another patterned paper and a few cute buttons showing similar circular shapes, a card with a sense of unity is born.
Geometric shapes tend to be more bold and they can create fun and cute looking designs. So the next time you want to create a card quickly, think of geometric shapes, look through your supplies, and mix-and-match items showing the same shape!
To add a more random look to the card, I’ve chosen to handwrite my greetings. If you have a cutter machine, you’ll be able to create more polished looking greetings for your homemade cards.
Card Making Supplies
- Cardstock for cardblank – Bazzill Basics Paper
- Red circles patterned paper – Basic Grey “Wassail”
- White printed patterned paper – Basic Grey “Sultry” collection
- Red cardstock – Colormate
- Buttons – Autumn Leaves “Foof-a-la”
- Ribbon – stash
- Pen – Zig Memory System “Millennium”
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with cardstock. Cut out a large block of red circle patterned paper and adhere it to the bottom of the card.
- Cut out another block from the small circle patterned paper and adhere it to the top of the card.
- Handwrite birthday greetings on red cardstock and cut them out in strips. Attach the greeting strips to the card as shown. Attach 3 buttons of different colors to the left-side of the card as shown.
- Tie a ribbon around the middle part of the card.
For more fun card making ideas, do check out these friends handmade birthday cards.