Green garden birthday card idea is a quick and easy one to create. A beautiful piece of greenery patterned paper inspired the theme for the design, a green garden.
It’ll be a very apt card for someone who loves gardening or is very fond of nature. I’ve added in some bold red color to spice up the green and brown color combo.
Run through your paper stack and see if you have a piece of patterned paper with some gorgeous print that could clue you in on the next card theme. Have fun!
Card Making Supplies
- Green Cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Greenery patterned paper, brown patterned paper and white patterned paper – Basic Grey “Sultry Collection”
- Yellow patterned paper strip – Basic Grey “Perhaps Collection”
- White cardstock – from stash
- Green paper – Scrapbook Walls “Holiday Fern”
- Red paper – Scrapbook Walls “Mistletoe”
- Black pen – Zig Memory System “Millennium”
- Brown pen – Zig Memory System “Fine & Chisel”
- Flower brads – Making Memories
- Black ink – Versa Color
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with green cardstock. Cut out a large block of greenery patterned paper and adhere to cover the front of the cardblank.
- Cut out a thin strip of yellowed patterned paper. Tear it along the upper edge. Ink the edges of this strip with black ink and attach it to the lower portion of the card.
- Cut out a block of brown patterned paper and attach it to the card as shown. Cut out a strip of white patterned paper and attach it across the middle of the brown patterned paper.
- Cut out two bigger flower layers from green paper. Cut out two smaller flower layers from red paper and doodle borders around these flower petals with black pen. Layer the red flower layer on top of the green flower layer and attach with a flower brad as the flower center. Attach one completed flower to the top left corner of the brown patterned paper with foam pads. Attach the other completed flower to the lower right corner of the brown patterned paper.
- Handwrite greetings on an oval-shaped white cardstock with black pen and brown colored pen. Attach the tag on top of the white patterned paper strip with foam dots.
For more fun and pretty card making ideas, you might like to check through the designs below. Click on any of the images for more details and card making steps.