Feminine owl birthday card idea is to create a sweet and feminine-looking card for my sister who loves pink. Her birthday is in July but I’m inspired to get it done today. :-) The cutie owl is from Sassafras and they carry an absolutely adorable owl patterned paper collection. Eye candy!
There’s a mix of goodness packed into this little card. Floral designs, ledger paper, digital collage images, sweet ribbon, lace ribbon, and even bling to push up the feminine power.
Look to your supplies and see if you can mix and match them to come up with a card packed with eye candy! Enjoy!
Card Making Supplies
- Red and pink cardstocks – Bazzill Basics
- Brown floral patterned paper, white floral patterned paper, pink patterned paper – Basic
- Grey “Sultry” Collection
- Lace ribbon and striped ribbon – from stash
- Digital collage images – Pink and Brown Digital Collage
- Owl – Sassafras “Serendipity – Owl Pals”
- Ledger paper – Making Memories “Ledger Combo”
- Faux gems – from stash
- Black pen – Uni Pin Fine Line
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with the red cardstock.
- Cut out a block of pink cardstock and round the corners with a corner-rounder. Cut out a slightly smaller block from the pink patterned paper and round the corners. Attach it to the pink cardstock. Adhere the completed pink block to the card as shown.
- Cut out a small block from the white floral and the brown floral patterned paper respectively. Adhere the brown floral block to the top of the cardblank and the white floral block to the bottom of the cardblank. Cut out a strip of lace ribbon and adhere it to the card as shown.
- Cut out a strip of digital collage images and adhere it to the pink patterned paper. Cut out a strip of striped ribbon and adhere it across as shown. Tie a ribbon bow and attach it to the left of the ribbon.
- Cut out a small block from the ledger patterned paper. Handwrite greetings on it with a black pen and attach it to the card as shown.
- Trim out an owl from the owl patterned paper and attach it to the card using foam pads for added dimensions. Attach two blue faux gems as the eyes.
- Attach an orange faux gem as to the flower center. Attach the flower to the card as shown.