This feminine 34th birthday card let me understand why it’s a great idea to get complementary patterned papers from the same collection.
They blend and match so well with each other to create beautiful looks easily. This saves time as you don’t have to try mix and match different patterned papers on your own which can be a challenge at times.
Card Making Supplies
- Cardstock – Bazzill Basics Paper
- Floral and green patterned papers – Basic Grey “Perhaps” Collection
- Blue and red cardstock – DCWV Mat Stack
- Brown polka dot patterned paper – Luxe Designs “Sugar Cookie – Jill”
- Black ink – Versa Color
- Letter stickers – stash
- Number stickers – American Crafts “Thickers” Vinyl Letter Stickers
- White pen – Uni-Ball Signo Broad
- Pink embroidery floss – DMC
- Buttons – Autumn Leaves “Foof-a-la”
- Flower – Prima Marketing
- Circle punches – Carla Craft
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with cardstock. Cut out 3 blocks of patterned papers of various sizes and attach them to the card as shown.
- Cut out a strip of blue cardstock and attach it vertically down the left-hand side on the card as shown.
- Cut out a block of red cardstock. Stick on the letter stickers and handwrite the rest with white pen. Ink the edge of the cardstock with black ink. Attach the tag to the card as shown.
- Punch out a circle-loop from the polka-dot patterned paper and ink the edges with black ink. Attach it slightly above the red tag. Sew a yellow button with pink embroidery floss and attach it within the circle loop.
- Adhere the pink button to the fushia-color flower and attach the flower to the card as shown. Attach another green button to the brown flower center at the bottom-right corner.
- Attach the “34” number stickers to the top right corner of the card.
If you want more floral card making ideas, you might like to take a look at the birthday card designs below: