Felt ice-cream birthday card idea is to make use of felt to create a super-cute looking ice-cream sprinkled with delicious button toppings. It’s going to make a birthday boy or birthday girl very happy upon receiving this card! :-)
I’m having a blast with felt. I think I’ll learn to create more things with it. It’s a nice medium to work with, and sewing with embroidery floss isn’t hard because the stitches don’t need to be perfect. Totally have a homemade look to it!
This idea is wonderful for a kid card, but hey, even an adult with a young heart might find it irresistible too! In fact, this handmade card is among my most popular card ideas on this website. Maybe something to do with ice-cream… or colorful buttons… or the simplicity and yet cute image…
This card is definitely attracting attention, so why not try it out yourself and see how much fun you can have with it? Happy playing with this birthday card idea!
Card Making Supplies
- Cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Felt – Brown, white and yellow felt from Daiso Japan
- Pink Floss – DMC
- Buttons – Autumn Leaves “Foof-a-La”
- Red pen – Zig Memory System “Fine & Chisel”
- Green thread – stash
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank using beige cardstock.
- Cut out ice-cream cone from brown felt, and flavors of ice-cream from white and yellow felt.
- Use light-pink floss to sew stitches onto brown cone. Attach cone to the bottom of cardblank.
- Layer white ice-cream flavor on top of yellow flavor. Sew on colored mini buttons as toppings with green thread. Attach ice-cream on top of ice-cream cone.
- Handwrite birthday greetings with red pen. That’s it!
For more ideas on using felt, please check out the below cards:
To look at more ideas for making kids birthday cards, here’s a few more designs to check out: