Felt elephant birthday card features a cute hand cut out felt elephant that’ll be great for a boy! It’s easy, it’s quick and it’s fun playing with felt.
All I did was to trace out an elephant and cut it out of felt. It’s such a simple technique and works great to create a textured elephant. This is another birthday card making idea that requires few supplies to get it done.
I enjoyed working with felt as its edges don’t fray like fabric. Besides this felt elephant card, I’ve created a red bear plushie for my good friend’s birthday, and two mobile phone pouches (one for me and one for my sister). You gotta try having fun with some felt sometime!
To look at more homemade birthday cards I’ve made using felt, check out these designs:
Card Making Supplies
- Green patterned paper – Brenda Pinnick by Paper Confections
- Yellow and green cardstocks – The Paper Company
- Baby blue felt – Daiso Japan
- Green brad – KCK Craft
- Black pen – Zig Memory System “Millennium”
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with the green patterned paper.
- Cut out a strip of yellow cardstock and adhere it across the lower part of the cardblank.
- Trace out the shape of an elephant on the back of the felt. Cut it out with scissors. Trace and cut out the “ear” and attach it to the elephant. Attach a green brad as the “eye” of the elephant. Adhere the completed elephant to the card as shown.
- Handwrite the birthday greetings on a strip of green cardstock. Adhere it to the lower-center of the card as shown.
To look at more handmade card ideas for kids, you might want to browse through these card designs: