This epoxy stickers birthday card shows off how epoxy stickers can add a dose of fun and dimension to your handmade card designs
Try having some fun with epoxy stickers. Ordinary stickers are flat while epoxy stickers have a clear pebble-like overlay that gives it a raise dimensional look. Definitely more trendy looking and make the stickers pop off the card.
For the card featured here, by mixing in some epoxy stickers, it helps to liven up the shabby chic looking card.
In order to let the big pink flower remains as the main star of the card, I’ve turned it into a layered dimensional flower using foam pads for added height. This way, the stickers stay as the extras that complement the flower and not overpower the focal point.
If you have epoxy stickers, take them out and sprinkle a few in your card. If not, be on the look out for some on your next buying trip. Enjoy!
Card Making Supplies
- Purple and brown cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Green patterned paper – Brenda Pinnick Designs “Paper Confections”
- Green motif, pink, brown, beige patterned papers – Basic Grey “Perhaps” collection
- Navy-blue stitched ribbon, lace ribbon – from stash
- Epoxy stickers – Vivid Stickers
- Pink rhinestone – Swaroski Crystal Hotfix
- One-hole punch – from stash
- Scallop-edged scissors – Carl CarlaCraft
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank with purple cardstock.
- Cut out a block of green patterned paper. Trim the right edge with scallop-edged scissors. Adhere it to the cardblank as shown.
- Trim off a thin strip off the right cardblank. Use a one-hole punch to punch a series of holes along the right-hand as shown. Cut a strip of brown cardstock and adhere it to the right edge of the cardblank so that the holes give peeks into the brown cardstock underneath.
- Cut out a smaller block of green motif patterned paper and adhere it to the card as shown.
- Attach a strip of navy-blue stitched ribbon along the left-hand of the card as shown. Attach a strip of lace ribbon across the lower part of the card as shown.
- Cut out flower layers using pink, brown and beige patterned papers. Layer the flowers using foam pads. Attach a pink rhinestone to the flower center. Attach the completed flower to the card as shown.
- Adhere epoxy stickers to the card as shown.
For more fun floral card making ideas, check out the birthday card designs right below: