Divine wisdom birthday card revolves around a positive affirmation about divine wisdom.
Next, I went on to search for a picture to support the affirmation. I thought owls are wise animals, and so I cut out one of the cute owls featured all over an unworn cotton tee to use on the card!
So be on the lookout for stuff to use in your cards. Look through your unused stuff, or even recycle old stuff and give them a new lease of life.
When I was creating this card, owls were in trend. They appear on tees, patterned paper, bags, etc. So this card features an in-trend cute picture which might be more suited for the trendier or more forward-looking guys or boys in your life. :-)
Card Making Supplies
- Green cardstock – Bazzill Basics Paper
- Blue cardstock – DCWV Mat Stack
- Red cardstock – Colormate
- Printed patterned paper – Adornit Carolee’s Creations “Fear Factor Bullseye”
- Owl fabric – from a tee-shirt
- Black Marker – Zig Memory System “Dotta-Riffic”
- Black pen – Zig Memory System “Millennium”
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank from green cardstock. Cut out a strip from the right-side of the cardblank.
- Cut out a big block of blue cardstock and attach it to the cardblank.
- Attach the fabric owl to the left side of the blue card with glue. Doodle a border of “x” around the fabric owl. Handwrite the birthday greetings and positive affirmation on the right side of the blue card. Doodle lines as border around the blue cardstock.
- Cut out two strips of patterned papers. Attach one strip directly underneath the blue cardstock. Attach another on the right edge of the inner card flap.
- Doodle lines across the bottom part of the cardblank. Create a “tab” with the red cardstock, round the corners with corner-rouner and attach it to the right edge of the outer card flap as shown.
For more masculine card making ideas, you might like to take a look at the handmade cards below: