Chirpy birdy birthday card was created for my cousin Dawn. She celebrated her 25th sweet birthday in January and I thought of creating something cute for her as she’s into cutesy stuff. One good birthday card idea is to adopt a super cute birdy.
Inspiration came from the many cute little birds I’ve seen making their appearances on patterned papers, clear stamps, rubber stamps, bedsheets, and more.
Card Making Supplies
- Cream cardstock – Bazzill Basics
- Polka dot patterned paper – Making Memories “Vintage Hip Collection”
- Red cardstock – World Win
- Green patterned paper – Brenda Pinnick Designs by Paper Confections
- Blue button – from stash
- Black ink – Versa Color Black
- Embroidery thread – DMC
- Black pen – Zig Memory System “Millennium”
Card Making Steps
- Make a cardblank from the cream cardstock.
- Cut out a block of polka dots patterned paper and adhere it vertically down the right-side of the card.
- Draw out a shape of the bird on the back of the green patterned paper and cut it out. Ink the edges with black ink.
- Draw a wing on the red carstock, cut it out and ink the edges with black ink. Attach it to the body of the bird.
- Sew an eye to the bird with embroidery thread.
- Attach the bird to the card as shown. Use black pen to draw in the legs.
- Use a black pen to hand-write the birthday greetings and doodle a border around the card as a frame.
Little Bird (Visitor’s Card)
by Christina McDaniel
I made this card for my friend, I just gathered different ideas from this site and threw them all together. I used a few different varieties of paper and a button. Elmer’s Glue for everything (which didn’t turn out perfect, the card is ‘bent’) but then again I didn’t use cardstock either :) Thanks for the inspiration!