This birthday card for mom is sure to warm up her heart with bright colors and happy flowers. When it’s filled with your handmade love, she’s gonna love it.
I’ve made this card for my mom. I wanted to make a happy and bright-looking card so I chose bold, bright colors. Instead of using a birthday greeting, I used number stickers to spell out the date of her birthday!
Then I filled the card up with a hand drawn smiling sun and some happy flowers. Yes it does look a bit kiddish, but that’s the inspiration I had when I was creating this homemade mom birthday card. ;-)
Card Making Supplies
- All papers by Bazzill Basics Paper (except beige and yellow papers by WorldWin Papers)
- Number stickers – Large Red Hat Letter Stickers by Provo Craft
- Scalloped-edge ribbon – Satin Bias Tape by Wheel and Anchor
- Floral ribbon – Celebrate
- Black pen – Pilot Drawing Pen
- Corner rounder
Card Making Steps
- Create a cardblank using the red cardstock.
- Cut out a square block of cream cardstock and adhere it to the center of the cardblank. Doodle a little scalloped-border using black pen.
- Doodle a big happy sun on yellow cardstock and cut it out with scissors. Adhere it to the card.
- Paper tear a block of dark golden rod cardstock. Adhere it to card.
- Apply number stickers to different colored-cardstock blocks. Round the corners of the colored blocks. Adhere to card with slight overlapping.
- Layer and adhere paper flowers to card with foam pads. Doodle stems and leaves with black pen.
- Stick a strip of beige scalloped-edge ribbon across the bottom of card. Stick another strip of floral ribbon across underneath.
For more feminine birthday card ideas, please check out these homemade card designs for women: